HAPPY EMPLOYEES CREATE HAPPY CUSTOMERS
These days people are not jealous when you say that you are a customer service representative. That job is a real life example of being between a rock and a hardplace.
On one side they are bombarded with questions and complaints from customers (and more and more via social media) and on the other side their bosses are only focussing on cost cutting.
Here (http://tcrn.ch/fYGofi) is an article about an AT&T repr who has just been squeezed too much.
What can be done about this?
- Understand that a happy customer is the lifeblood of your business.
- Unhappy customers will most likeley leave and they will also inform friends about their bad experience.
- Happy customers will buy new products/services from you and they will also tell friends.
- Customer Service repr’s are the KEY interface between your company and its customers.
- Only happy employees can deliver great service.
- Make your Customer Service Repr’s (systematically) feel valued.
- Stipulate the importance of Customer Service to other functions who interact with customers (e.g. Finance; IT; Secetaries).
The steps are simple, but it requires a major shift in the attitude of senior management. Have a look at the success of Zappos and you will understand what the benfits are.
GROW YOUR PEOPLE, GROW YOUR BUSINESS!