What is the birthplace of creativity and innovation?



What would you answer to this question?
-       Your mind (new ideas)
-       Even some people say, that creativity is what you are born with (well, it is a learned capability)
-       Problems with existing products/services/business models
-       Trends
-       Brainstorming with friends
-       ??


Well, it is not what you might have expected. In this fascinating talk (http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html) Brene Brown stipulates that vulnerability is the birthplace of creativity, innovation and change.

That is a very interesting perspective. Therefor, I need to really connect with my feelings and emotions.
-       What touches me?
-       What hurts me?
-       What makes me happy?
-       What bothers me?
-       What fascinates me?
-       What is it that I don’t know and yet would like to know (or do)?
-       What has attracted me over my lifetime?

In order to really feel that, you have to go deep and there you will find the area, which you want to address or tackle. It is this area, which you want to improve and/or disrupt.
And that will create the compelling story of who you are and why your innovation will be a success.

Are you ready to be vulnerable, towards yourself and others?



Enthusiasm drives Excellence!


Popular posts from this blog

10 most common leadership shortcomings and how to resolve them

Do you feel like you’re running around in a straitjacket?

No Straitjackets